Nickelodeon will continue its celebration of 20 years of SpongeBob SquarePants with the launch of SpongeBob SquarePants: The Bikini Bottom Experience opening at Los Angeles’ Goya Studios on Oct. 18 and running through Oct. 20. The pop-up includes six fun-filled and immersive activations that take fans of all ages into the vibrant world of Bikini Bottom, including SpongeBob’s Pineapple-shaped manse, Sandy’s Tree Dome and The Krusty Krab, among other renowned subaquatic locations. The experience features Insta-worthy photo opportunities, meme creators, obstacle courses, scavenger hunts and more.
Tickets for SpongeBob SquarePants: The Bikini Bottom Experience are available today on www.bikinibottomexperience.com, where visitors can also sign up for updates.
“As we continue to celebrate 20 years of the globally beloved SpongeBob SquarePants, we are delighted to offer fans of all ages the opportunity to immerse themselves in some nautical nonsense and interact with their favorite Bikini Bottom characters like never before,” said Charlotte Castillo, Senior Vice President, Franchise Planning, Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products.
SpongeBob SquarePants: The Bikini Bottom Experience will feature six activations designed to take fans on an interactive adventure through Bikini Bottom, including:
- SpongeBob’s Pineapple – Visitors can enjoy an insider’s look at SpongeBob’s legendary “pineapple under the sea.” Offering a myriad of Insta-worthy photo opps, the activation also includes a sponge-y surprise.
- Patrick’s Sand Sanctuary – Guests can cozy up in Patrick’s living room within his rock and strike a pose.
- Sandy’s Treedome – Fans can mosey over to Sandy’s home and get lassoed into shape, as they race to complete Sandy’s obstacle course.
- The Krusty Krab – Fans can enter the famed Krusty Krab and put their skills to the test in a scavenger hunt for the Krabby Patty secret formula. To get the formula guests will have to complete all of the chores Mr. Krabs asks. If they complete all tasks on time, they get to take their Employee of the Month photo, which will be featured on the wall of the famed eatery.
- Squidward’s Gallery – Art lovers can step into Squidward’s gallery and enjoy some of his custom creations, culminating with an opportunity to create their own custom Squidward meme.
- Mrs. Puff’s Boating School – Visitors can see if they have what it takes to become Bikini Bottom’s newest licensed driver. Those who pass the test will receive a custom license.
- 20 Years Later… – Guests can explore 20 years of SpongeBob SquarePants mementos, inclusive of animatics, sketches, curated designer collaborations, and unique products created throughout the years.
SpongeBob SquarePants, which was recently greenlit for a 13th season, has reigned as the number-one kids’ animated series on TV for the last 17 years, while generating a universe of beloved characters, pop culture catchphrases and memes, theatrical releases, consumer products, a Tony award-winning Broadway musical and a global fan base. SpongeBob SquarePants is seen in more than 208 countries and territories, translated in 55+ languages, and averages more than 100 million total viewers every quarter. SpongeBob SquarePants is created by Stephen Hillenburg and produced by Nickelodeon in Burbank, Calif.
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, recreation, books and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).