IrelandWeek, a showcase of the glorious heritage of Irish culture and the arts, to present three brilliant events: an evening of Irish Theatre, Beauty Queens & Playboys, directed by acclaimed Abbey Theatre alum Philly McMahon and featuring a cast of talented Irish actors, Oct. 30 at the Barnsdall Theatre Hollywood: renowned Irish journalist Jim Carroll hosts an evening of traditional Irish Banter, Nov.2 at Pearls Bar & Restaurant; followed by a hilarious night of comedy highlighting Ireland’s unique wit and storytelling, Nov. 3 at The Hollywood Improv.
IrelandWeek 2018 activities celebrating theatre and the arts include:
Beauty Queens & Playboys at Barnsdall Theatre Hollywood (October 30)
- A sparkling celebration of Irish Theatre with selected scenes read by Ireland’s leading actors, directed by Philly McMahon (Thisispopbaby / Abbey Theatre etc.)
- A fabulous roulette of razor sharp scenes that lays testament to the power of Irish writing and showcases the extraordinary talent of Ireland’s actors – reaffirming that our tiny island has an entertainment industry punching well above its weight. Compered by drag superstar Panti Bliss, Playboys & Beauty Queens stars heavy hitters such as Victoria Smurfit (Once Upon A Time), Hugh O’Connor (Handsome Devil, Chocolat) & Adam Fergus (Supernatural) and features writing from the Irish Theatrical canon over the past 150 years – from Synge to McDonagh and beyond. Expect a theatrical rollercoaster – with lots and lots of laughs.
- Additional cast includes Georgina McKevitt, Glenn Keogh, Jenn McGuirk, Johnny O’Callaghan, Kevin Marron, Nick Lee, Panti, Caroline Morahan, Rachel Rath, Sonya Macari
- Tickets available here.
Banter with Jim Carroll at Pearls Bar & Restaurant (November 2)
- Renowned Irish journalist Jim Carroll will host a selection of Irish culture vultures, culture makers and protagonists from around the world to explore the phenomenal reach of Irish culture.
- Full lineup to be announced soon.
- Tickets available here.
The Real Irish Comedy Tour at The Hollywood Improv (November 3)
- The Real Irish Comedy Tour brings the best blend of Irish comedic talent to the United States to showcase modern Ireland in hilarious fashion. Their mission is to promote and advance Irish comedians in the United States by fostering partnerships, growing audiences, and entertaining attendees with Ireland’s unique wit and storytelling talent and give you a night not to be missed.
- After last year’s sell out show, Ireland Week is back to present a hilarious night of Irish comedy. Join David Nihill, Francis Quinn, David Finnerty and host of special guests to be announced soon for a guaranteed night of real rib-tickling laughs straight from The Emerald Isle.
- More information and tickets available here.
IrelandWeek takes place Oct. 25 – Nov. 3 in Los Angeles, CA. Through a myriad of events covering live music, theatre, visual art, film, TV, sports, tech, trade and animation, IrelandWeek’s focus is to bring Ireland to the world, and the world back to Ireland. Sponsors of the week are Screen Ireland, Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Culture Ireland, Loyola Marymount University, Aer Lingus, Enterprise Ireland, IDA Ireland, The Ireland Funds, Bank of Ireland Global Payments, Tourism Ireland, Kennedy Wilson, Smurfit Kappa, Silicon Valley Bank and Motion Picture Association.